Saturday, December 31, 2005

2. PREFACE

In October, 2004 while a patient in Danville Regional Medical Center, a friend of mine, Linda Walker, suggested that I record my life’s experiences for my grandchildren and their children. This is a feeble attempt to do that and I trust they and others will enjoy this effort. Any salacious details that come to mind will not be recorded in this book.

Pictured herewith are my three wonderful grandchildren to whom this book is dedicated. They are: Seth Langston Dillard at age 6, Caleb Denver Dillard at age 4 and Luke Scott Dillard at age 2.

In addition to the grandchildren, I also want to dedicate this writing to my wonderful children, Beverly Leigh Dillard, Blain Alan Dillard, his wife, Lori and my devoted wife of 56 years, Barbara Wilkinson Dillard. They have all been a great inspiration to me over the years for which I am most appreciative.

No comments: