Sunday, December 4, 2005

30. A NOTE FROM BARBARA DILLARD

I asked Paw Paw if I could add some thoughts I had in his book and he agreed. My thoughts follow. First I want to say I am glad that Henry has decided to let his family [which is small in number] know about his life and the hardships of growing up. It was easy to find contentment in those days since we had little, but realized that what we had was it. My life was almost the same although there were six of us so we kept busy helping take care of one another and as we grew older much more love came into our family. As of this writing, only Jean and I left in my immediate family and we enjoy each other and pray daily that we will enjoy a long life and good health.

I was very young when I married Henry. Direct from high school graduation to the altar. It has been almost 56 years; some good years to be blessed with good health until we got to our present age and are now beginning to feel the effects of some poor health.

Beverly was our first baby. She has now grown up and has done quite well with her life. She is really a comfort and a big help to us whenever she is needed.

Blain came a little later in our life. We were so happy to have a son that could carry on the Dillard name. He was a fat pretty little baby that exercised his lungs by crying for a full year. Regardless of all his crying, we made it and I am truly thankful for my children and thankful that God has kept them in good health.

I didn’t get to be a Mee Maw until late in life but am so thankful for my three beautiful grandchildren. It has been so wonderful to have them love on me and hug me. My prayer is that I will live long enough to see how wonderful they will be when they grow up.

Seth was the first and we were there! We stayed for about a week to help out the family. He was like a baby doll for Blain and Lori, a new experience and a turn for a new life style. They were so happy, being blessed with a big healthy baby boy!

Caleb was the next and we were there again the night before since Lori was required to have a C-Section and had to be at the hospital very early the next morning. We were happy to keep Seth and later on that day we all went to see another beautiful healthy baby boy. It was obvious he was a gift from God and we were so happy and thankful to God for allowing Lori to come through this in good health.

Then our third and last boy, Luke arrived! Due to an ice storm we did not get there until, I believe, the second day after he was born. We stayed for about a week and loved being with all those boys.

I ask God every day to take care of this family and I am so grateful for them.

Barbara W. Dillard

No comments: