Saturday, October 25, 2014

Glad to be home!

Well, I finally left UNC hospitals on Wednesday, October 22 which was two days prior to my previous expectation. The reason for this was described as my Myasthenia numbers had gotten to the point that other plasma exchanges were not  necessary. This determination was, in my opinion, related to the fact  that I almost became unconscious near the end of my fourth exchange. The team of physicians decided that that was caused by my irregular heart beat. In view of this revelation, they decided I should come home with a heart monitor that I am to mail in to them after 14 days.

Meanwhile, I am here with my wonderful wife who, with all her arthritic pains makes every effort to assure my well being. I am so blessed to have such a caring person in my life and she has been that way for the 65 plus years of our marriage. How I was fortunate enough to marry this wonderful person was without a doubt, a gift from God.

Although I have felt absolutely terrible the past couple of days, I feel slightly better right now which is a good thing and hope the improvement continues. Unless there is a major improvement by Monday, I plan on trying to see Dr. O'Neill. I feel sure he will give the correct advice as to the next step I should take. He will probably check to confirm my heart out of rhythm and if he finds it so will make a determination on the next step.

I was fortunate yesterday that I was able to accompany Barbara to her beauty shop appointment  and had  my hair cut and washed. It feel great and I was on the verge of applying for dog tags due to the shagginess it portrayed.

I really enjoyed my stay at UNC hospitals. Not that I like being hospitalized but  because of the wonderful people employed there. They are so caring and at least in my case, make one enjoy being there in spite of the pains and illnesses one might have.

As I told the beauticians at the beauty shop yesterday, when asked how I felt, my answer was, "terrible, but as the hymn goes, we will understand it better by and by".

I am now just praying that I can get back in my Bible Class and to Church. It is lonely in the world  without their backup.

No comments: