Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Caleb's Weekend Visit

Barbara and I were so fortunate to have our son, Blain and three wonderful grandchildren visit and spend the night with us on Friday, April 2nd. We were overjoyed that Caleb opted to stay over two additional nights.

He is such a joy to be with. On Saturday afternoon Caleb and I went to see the movie, "Train Your Dragon" which was shown in 3-D and was very enjoyable.

On Sunday, he accompanied Barbara and I to Church. He was a perfect little gentleman. We took him to the 3rd grade Sunday School class and I picked him up when it was over. Since I was scheduled to usher, I had him sit at our usual section where he was joined by Barbara. After ushering, I joined them and he was a very well behaved boy the entire service. At one point during the singing, he whispered to Barbara that "they sing that song at my Church".

After Church, we had all sorts of plans, however, the fact that Target's was closed for Easter sort of through us off. We decided to formulate an alternate plan which included visiting Winnie's house where all her family was gathering for an Easter Meal. Although we had planned on eating at the Golden Corral, everyone there insisted that we eat with them. We did and it was a superb meal.

After eating, we took Caleb to Walmart's where Barbara purchased a pair of shoes for him as well as a Lego toy that he had longed for a long time. We then came home where he proceeded to put that thing together. He is simply amazing in working with those things. It would probably take me a week to put it together while he did it in a little over an hour.

It was amazing to me that Caleb would insist on taking a bath each night before going to bed. Most kids would not do that.

I have a major regret though. We were so excited to have Caleb, I failed to take even one picture. As many pictures that exist in our family, the omission of pictures for this visit is inexcusable and I will forever regret it.

No comments: